Sunday, February 4, 2018

Taken A Much Needed Break



Everyone needs a little break now and again. Since Christmas, I have taken a much-needed break from blogging. I took this time to get my priorities straight and ponder on my life. I have come to several conclusions and feel that it's time to make needed changes! For myself and for those around me.

1. So much has happened in the past month. For most of you, you heard about the devastating shooting that happened at Marshall County High School. Some of you who know me personally, know I lived in that area for 11 years of my life. I have family and many friends who still live there. This situation affected me on a personal level. My sister-n-law works at the school...Thank goodness that she called off that day! But many of my friends and their families were not so lucky. They were in the middle of the crossfire.



This situation has made me think about how precious life is and how fast it can be taken away in just a moment. So take every moment like it is your last and make it the best it can be.



2. Another aspect of my life that I have taken into priority is my budget and the debts I owe. My new year's resolution is to pay off as much debt as I can. This will not only free up my financial situation but free me from the everyday stress of "Which bill will I have to hold off on this month". So far I have already paid off 3 bills and now am working on the 4th. It's very liberating when you get to click that "pay now" button and have that debt balance at a 0!



3. My marriage. This is a huge one for me. My husband and I have not been doing so great in our relationship and we have talked about divorce. That spark that was once there has fizzled and we need desperately to find out what went wrong and fix it. We have come to the conclusion that we have just settled and our relationship has become that of convenience rather than love. We have a lot to work on, communication is pretty much at a standstill and we spend absolutely no time together. Much of that due to work but a lot of it is because we both just stopped trying so hard. So we are planning dates, and putting aside time for each other to just "talk" about whatever. Saving my marriage is on the top of my to-do list!

For some of you, taking a break means a lot of different things. For me, it was about getting my act together and finding out what was most important in my life. So now that it's out there, I can move forward and get back to doing something I love...blogging! Rest assured though, I will no longer put the important things on the back burner and live miserably just to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment