Thursday, October 8, 2015

Andy Grammer Concert Hosted by 94.9 The Point Radio Station and Town Point Park Norfolk Virginia







This Summer my husband and I were blessed with VIP passes to the Andy Grammer Concert at Towne Point Park, Norfolk Virginia, won through the local radio station 94.9 The Point!



Every year Towne Point Park and 94.9 The point host a slew of free concerts for the region and for their fans! They host contests all over the website and the radio and give out VIP tickets, Meet and greets, as well as many other fabulous trips and giveaways!

When I got the call about winning the VIP passes I was still at work and thought it was a hoax HAHA! In all honesty, I had to look up to make sure the number that called me was actually coming from the radio station! I was excited to learn that I had indeed been chosen!!



My husband and I planned this as a date night since we had not been out together in a long time! Who wouldn't be thrilled with a free date night! When we arrived and found a parking spot, we walked around for a bit, ordered a few beers and went to find the VIP tent! It was located on the right side of the stage and we were given a wristband to be able to go in and out of the area with ease! 94.9 The Point had tables set up with food for those who won the VIP to eat! This was a wonderful surprise because we were both unaware that this was part of the prize!! Plus we were starving!!!  There was pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad as well as other delicious foods. The best part was that we got two tickets each to get free drinks! Wine and beer, SCORE! And all the free soda our tummies could handle!








 
Such a cute couple right! 



This was such a beautiful day for a concert. The sun was shining and the view off the bay was breathtaking!







Before the concert started, my husband and I walked around to look at the sights! This was my first trip to Norfolk and there are so many beautiful things to look at! So if you are in the area, make sure to look up different places to visit!












All the wonderful staff from The Point were out and about meeting their fans and having a grand ole time!





North Of Nine was the cover band and went on stage first. I had never heard of them before but they ROCKED that stage!

If you have never heard any of their music you can check it out on SoundCloud. I promise that they will be one of your new favorite bands!

Give em' a shout out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!






Before Andy Grammer was ready to hit the stage, 94.9 The Point got up there and introduced themselves and even got their children involved in the show! What a great family! What job do you know where you can take your kids with you and meet famous people all at the same time? Oh to be so lucky!



When Andy Grammer finally hit the stage you could probably hear the crowd all the way to New York! What a grand welcome for such a great band! Everyone was singing along, yes, even me. (I felt for those around me HA) We had such a great time out there hanging out with everyone


Andy Grammer sings Honey I'm Good, Keep Your Head up, Back Home, Fine By Me, Crazy Beautiful and so many other great songs!!!

The meet and greet with Andy Grammer!!

He even had a fan sing to him during the meet and greet, and I have to say, she was pretty good!



Unfortunately we did not get to go in the back for the meet and greet because someone started acting like a fool at the gate....we have all done it...and they stopped patrons from going back. BUT we were able to sneak around the back and watch from afar! We had a fantastic time and a wonderful date night!! We owe it all to the great people at 94.9 The Point!


Thank you all for a wonderful night of fun and great eats! Can't wait to do it again!




This post was based on my personal experience! I was in no way compensated for promoting 94.9 The Point, Town Point Park, Andy Grammer or any other affiliates associated with this concert. Permissions were given to post pictures of the event and anyone associated with the event. Most of the pictures posted on this blog were downloaded. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. *

No comments:

Post a Comment