Friday, January 23, 2015

Update for January 23rd

exercise-motivation-quotes-weight-loss-work-out-lose-weight-8

Today was my weigh in. I honestly didn't think I was going to do well for the fact that I was sick for 4 days and didn't do anything really but sleep and sit on the couch. But I ended up losing 1 pound and have officially lost a total of 10 pounds in 3 weeks! I am so very proud of myself!

exercise-motivation-quotes-weight-loss-work-out-lose-weight-1

I am almost half way to my goal of losing 25 pounds! My last day for weigh in at work is the 27th of February and at that time I will take an updated pic like in my first post! I'm not seeing much of a difference in my appearance but maybe comparing pics will help me to see where I've lost this 10 pounds hahaha

How I have lost my weight so far:

glass_of_water_by_nihost-d5rxvreDrinking nothing but water and juice.I have given up on any type of carbonated beverage. By keeping myself hydrated, my body can work better in burning those calories!

portionControl-photoI have been watching my portion control and calories. I have been eating the Weight Watchers meals for breakfast and for lunch and then whatever I want for dinner, as long as i'm in range for my calorie count for the day! I document everything I eat with my Noom Coach app!

runningWalking! I have been trying to keep a goal of at least 10,000 steps a day (5 miles). Some days are better then others, but most days I do reach my goal!

Push myself to go further and faster. I had been walking 1.5 miles on my treadmill and then taking a walk in the afternoon with my son and my pup. I have been trying to beat that by walking 2 miles on the treadmill and then also taking my walk in the afternoon. Taking those extra steps helps keep me in line and pushing my body to do more! If you keep in the same routine, eventually your body will get use to it and nothing else happens. At least that is how it is for me. I have also added in a few other workouts into my routine in hopes that will get my body moving in the right direction.

So if you are following my journey I urge you to just get up off the couch and walk around the house for 10 minutes. Or even walk around the block. You will be amazed at how much better you will feel when you get done. And you have burned a few calories in the process! Eat a little healthier. Even a McDonalds side salad is better then that cheeseburger on the menu!  Watch your portions and get in the habit of drinking water!!

10 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Anne! You give me hope that I to will someday get on the right track and make this change for myself! Keep up the AWESOME work and as always I will be praying for your continued success! By the way i am downloading the Noom Coach app right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally awesome!! Your story is very inspiring and I need to get serious and start losing some Lbs. like U!! I lost 40 pounds about 3 years ago and it was such an accomplishment of me. I have battled the ups and downs of weight gain and loss since. I have never gone back up totally to what I weighed before my loss, but have struggled with the 15 pounds that I have gained. I know for me, a huge part is water. If I drink lots of water each day I can flush out my system and keep my weight lower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome keep at it Anne . Im on my own journey of weight loss and better health. May go vegan but its a big step. I just want to cut out all unhealthy foods to have faster weight loss and better health. No Mcdonalds burgers for me anymore .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't eaten a cheeseburger from there in soooooo long! Not sure if I could cut out meat all together but I am eating a lot more fish these days! You are not alone on your journey so if you want to chat, you know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water is a big key! And having a support system as well! If you need some encouragement I'll be here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Noom Coach is an awesome app! It sends me reminders to put in my meals! Download also Noom Walk it's a pedometer that goes along with the other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome Anne! I need to also get on track with some healthier options and more exercise. Thanks for the inspiration, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! When you get moving I promise you will feel better! Don't give up even when you feel like you can't go on any longer! It's so worth it. I feel amazing and i'm just getting started lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Anne! I gave up carbonated beverages about a year and a half ago and I feel so much better. I only drink water and coffee now with a little juice from time to time when I crave flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea I have to have my coffee in the morning too haha, but I replaced sugar with a sweetener that has no calories!! Carbonated drinks have so much sugar and other nasty stuff in it. I have noticed I have been reading the labels on EVERYTHING lol

    ReplyDelete